Sign in to follow this  
Bayou Bass

Cumara--> Which hook keeper and reel should I go with?

Just picked up a used 7'2" Shimano Cumara casting from the local classifieds.  I used to have the MH but this one is a M for my t-rigs, senkos, and saltwater plastics.  I am looking for suggestions on reels to match with this rod.  I have a citica 200E, citica 200D, and a curado 200E7, but I want to try something new.

Sorry if the hook keeper question is a repeat, but I could not get the search feature to work...

Is the fuji hook keeper my best option?  I can't seem to find many others.  If anyone has a few extra lying around lmk and I will send funds for a few.  Thanks

I know about that one, but I have vertical tube rod holders on my boat.  You can't fit the reel in the holder with a lure stuck in the grip.

Putting an aftermarket hanger on that beautiful rod would be like giving Dolly Parton breast-reduction surgery.

Putting an aftermarket hanger on that beautiful rod would be like giving Dolly Parton breast-reduction surgery.

Different strokes for different folks.  If you think Dolly Parton is mildly attractive with her silly floatation devices, you my friend have different taste than I.  I don't want to hang the hook off the guide mounts and scratch up the paint either.

I use the Fuji hook keeper on my Cumara rods, works great.  I don't like the hook keeper that's on the Cumara, the chances of me hooking myself when it's that close to the reel is big.  I don't think it takes anything away from the Cumara rod using the Fuji hook keeper.  I have the Fuji hook keeper on my Carrot Stix & Daiwa Zillion rods.  No way am I going to put a hook on an guide or on the reel!

Hey Bayou Bass you can give a try E-Z keeper and Chronarch MG 50.

You'll be very happy with them.

Adam