Sign in to follow this  
-nick-

Looking to get a new rod and reel..

I want to spend between 100-200 dollars on a reel and 100-200 dollars on a rod. I've been looking at the carrot stix or kistler magnesium rods. I also came across this one that I absolutely fell in love with.

http://www.tackledirect.com/daiwa-mi781mrb-mike-iaconelli-signature-long-cast-crankbait-trigger-rod.html

Any suggestion for what kind of rod and reel i should get? Should this rod I found be good for the money or look for something different?

haha didn't you just get a new daiwa megaforce baitcaster and tierra rod for christmas??? The monkey bit ya ;D I think that you will much success with a shimano curado e. As for the rod, pick something lightweight, like a shimano cumara. That combo together is one of the lightest i have ever had in my hand(my friend has 5 cumaras, on 3 of them he has the curado e and on the other two he has revo stx, he says he likes the curados more.)

haha didn't you just get a new daiwa megaforce baitcaster and tierra rod for christmas???

Haha good memory but yeah. ;D I'm just planning in the future it'll take me a bit before i can get it unless I sell my 360 soon.

dude check out www.reedssports.com you can get st. croix rods cheap right now I just bought 2 legend elite (top of the line st croix rods) for $160 and $172 depending on model and they normally go for up to $345, they also have all the other St. Croix rods 20% off.  check it out is is a great deal they are just a little picked over, but they probably have what you are looking for.