Sign in to follow this  
rippin_lips

Mojo vs. Legend Tournament Bass

I posted a few weeks ago asking about the St Croix Legend tournament spinning rod.  How does that rod compare to the Mojo spinning rods.  I know the LTB will obviously be a more sensitive, lighter, etc.  I do not fish competitively, but do try to get out every weekend and at least 3 days after work during the summer?

Basically my question is: Is the LTB worth the extra $120?  Thanks for any input.

I've held but never fished a Mojo. I own a LTB Spinning rod. In the long run, I would definitely pay the extra $120. The LTB are super sensitive and light. I absolutely love mine.

I have never fished a mojo but I do have three LT's and they were worth every penny.

I have a few LT's and they are amazing... blow the avid out of the water which is still a step or 2 better than the mojo...  Plus the lifetime warranty is worth the extra $$$

I dont have either but i will be buying 2 mojo rods.  If i could afford the ltb i would definetly buy them.

The higher end rods will alwayz be the better choice in the long run.  Can't beat a lifetime warranty.  However, the mojo's feel awesome, but I can't use mine yet, lakes are still frozen solid w/ 11" of ice :'(

I am still undecided, but the lifetime warranty would definatly be nice to have.  

Another quick question: Would a 7MF or the 68MXF be a more versatile rod?  The mojo 68MXF is called the wacky style rod, which is what I fish with more than half the time I am fishing.  Would this rod still be able to handle other bait I throw (other plastics, some topwater, small cranks), or should I stick with the 7MF to have more versatility?  I appreciate the help, who knew buying a fishing rod could be such a process!

Mojo owner here...I own the legend also...Mojo is a sick rod and feels amazing... I have it teamed up with my Rick Clunn burner...I have a johnny morris sig series on my legend.  I am using the mojo bass rod for accurate casting around cover and mostly jigs, spinners, and tubes...legend im using for pitching to heavy cover, probably put some braided on it...either way, buy the mojo!

I personally don't think the Mojo and LTB are really that comparable. If you have the money get the LTB. It depends on how much it's all worth to you.

between the 7mf and the 68mxf i don't know.  I would lean towards the 7MF just because it will be able to throw other baits and the wacky rig will work just as good on that rod.  However, if you want to use the rod for more finesse work (dropshot, split shot, shakeyhead) than the 68mxf would be it.

I have the 7' Medium Fast spinning rod. I use it for lots of presentations, mainly flukes, weightless plastics, shakey heads, topwaters, etc...I think it is great for topwaters, small cranks and weightless plastics because of the fast tip but I would like a stiffer tip for shakey heads/small jigs/texas rigs. But some of that is just personal preference.

For the applications you want to use this rod for: do you like a stiff tip for those applications, or a softer one? If your answer is stiffer, go with the XF, if the answer is softer, go with the Medium.