Sign in to follow this  
Infidel.

Broken Zillion

Had a brand new Zillion break on it's first trip out this weekend while fighting a 4lb largemouth.  Broke in two places towards the tip.  Anybody else that owns a Zillion have it break on them?  I'm sending it back to Daiwa for replacement but just wanted to see if this was going to end up like the Dobyns rods.

I know what can cause a rod to break other than manufactures defects so I don't care to hear input on that matter.  This was certainly a defective blank.

You broke a Zilllion!

That was one big fish you had on.

Never heard of a Zillion breaking before your post.

I would think Daiwa would replace it for you.

Let us know what happens.  ;)

You rod is the first report of a broken one I've read.. Sorry to hear it, but there is no doubt Daiwa will make it right. I think it might be a little early to even mention what happened to Gary  ;)

I appreciate the feedback.  I have only heard positive things about these rods but it is still a pretty new line and just wanted to have someone ease my mind.  Thanks guys  ;)

Like the others, I have never heard of a Zillion breaking. It's just bad luck that you got a defective one. How is Daiwa's customer service? What does replacing a broken rod cost with shipping and all?

If you don't mind a little hijacking, I am interested in hearing about the tip softness from Zillion owners. They don't seem to have F/XF classifications. The models I've held seemed very fast tipped (which I like). Would it be accurate to say that most of the models are the same? How would you compare the tips to other rods? Specifically a Cumara which I understand are pretty fast as well.

I just dealt with Daiwa's Customer Service and warranty depart.  I sent back every reel I own (which are all Daiwa) and had them clean and re-greese them all for me.

They were great and actually only charged me for the ones over a year.  Even for an elected procedure.

I have no experience with their rods but Iwould imagaine they would stand behind their product.