Sign in to follow this  
fishntime

G Blanks Rods

Been looking at the GBlanks casting rods.  But I have never actually seen or held one. Does anyone have any info on these rods.  I recently picked up a MH 7'3" carrot stix and I must say I am very please with this rod. So does the G blanks even comapre.   ;)

It depends on what blank you get for your rod. The blank is the most expensive piece and obviously the most important factor in sensitivity, durability, and weight. When you order a GBlank rod you can choose from a variety of blanks that vary in price and quality.

Can you get a Gblank that is better than a Carrot Stick? Absolutely. Can you do it for the same price? I think so. Can you do it for much less? Most likely not.

My Gblank cost $150 shipped and I used the RX7 blank they offer.

I picked one up here on the flea market late last fall and didn't get a chance to fish it much.  It's a 7' and it feels to me like it's probably a mhf.  The only real identifying mark on the blank is sb822.5  Is there a way of telling what blank is actually used?  Other than the Gblanks logo and the lure/line weight there is no other markings.