Sign in to follow this  
BASSMAFIA

Fishing BFL and need help with RODS??

OK yall,

Im fishing the  "BFL"  this year and I want to pair my rods down to 5 rods as the Co-angler... Please help me with what rods i should take and what i can use them for.... I getting a headache from thinking about this and really need some other opinions..... please give all the help you can!!!!

Here are my thoughts::

7'MH Diawa - Pitchin plastics/Jigs

7'M Bionic Blade - Spinnerbaits/Topwater

7'MH Diawa - Carolina rig/Frogs

6'6"M Crankinstick - Cranks/Flukes/Lipless

6'6"MH Xtreme Spinning Combo - Shakey/Senko's/Wacky

:-? :-? :-?

5 rods is not too many for a co-angler.  I have an 18.5 foot boat and my cos usually have 4 or 5 rods and it's not an issue.  I would bring them all.  Where it gets a little crowded is with the amount of tackle you bring, not the rods.

If you want to get rid of one, just leave one of your 7'MH casting rods at home.  You'll just have to re-tie a little more often.

Just another thought, take into account where and when you're fishing.  You can decide what rods to bring by what techniques you would be using.  

Bring them all, and see what your boater has planned for the day and narrow it down from there.

5-7 rods is fine.  I usually bring 6.  I'll hear people say all the time that you should only bring a few, but I disagree.  4 rods takes up as much space as 7.  Think about it....

If possible talk to your boater in advance so you know what techniques and areas he/she plans to fish then plan your rods accordingly.  No need to bring a flippin stick if your boater intends on fishing in 25 feet of water....