Sign in to follow this  
RockvilleMDAngler

Anyone try a JB Custom rod?

I went to an outdoor expo a month ago and the only tackle retailer there had a bunch of JB custom rods for sale.  I ended up buying a Black Snake 6'6" medium action spiral wrapped casting rod for split-shot and light texas rigs.  What sold me on it was when the dealer put it in my hand and put a GLX jig & worm rod in my other hand, he then lightly touched a dollar bill to each tip and the JB blew the Loomis away (and I LOVE Loomis rods).

I used it for the first time on Sunday in a local pond and I was absolutely blown away by the sensitivity.  For $215 it was the most sensitive rod I have ever used (and I own two GLX's, numerous E21's, numerous St. Croixs and a Dobyn's 705C).  I swear I could feel fish breathing on the lure.  I have no affiliation with this rod maker but I am seriously considering putting a few of my high end rods up for sale so I can get more of these babies!  When I get home I will post a picture of this beauty with my new Curado.

http://www.custombassrods.com/

Has anyone else ever used one?  I am curious how the heavier action rods are since I would like to get a new jig rod and a new carolina rig rod.

They used the same demonstration on me at the Richmond show. The one thing I noticed was that the rods I looked at had really crappy line guides.