Sign in to follow this  
Cigarlover 1

BPS Extreme vs. All Star Instinct vs. All Star IM 10

So Basically I'm currently using all BPS rods and am looking to upgrade for the upcoming season.

I like the BPS Extreme's but being a little heavier the some rods is starting to get to me. So, if I had my choice in rods I'd be buying Powell rods as an upgrade but with money being a factory I'm looking at cheaper alternatives.

Has anyone had experience with the Extreme's and either of the All Stars I've mentioned? Preferrably the Instinct as that's what I'm primarily looking for info on. Can anyone compare the two? I'm not unhappy with the Extreme just looking to upgrade to a lighter and if possible more sensitive alternative. If anybody has experience with the IM10 rods I'll take that too.

I think the Instincts are a Chinese made rod for All Star.  Not sure if the quality level matches the Houston made stuff.  In that case I'd definitely opt for the Extreme BPS rod vs the Instinct.  As for the IM10.  If you mean the Team All Star series of rods, they are a far better rod than the Extremes.  Way lighter and more sensitive.  No comparison there.

Rebuilt a BP Extreme rod for a friend that he drug up from the bottom of a lake. It had been in the water a long time. All the filler they used on the cheep cork handle had fallen out and when I cut they reel seat off all they used for a reel seat bushing was twine and epoxy. I was able to refinish the blank and rebuild with better materials.