Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Mean, Mean Green Fishing Machines & Others

I'm liking 2009 so far...

rodreel1.jpg

rodreel2.jpg

Kistler Magnesium 6'10" MH Alton Jones b/c rod, 6'10" MH spinning rod.  Shimano Curado 201E, Symetre 2500FJ.

rodreel3.jpg

Cabelas Prodigy 7' MH b/c rod, 6'6" Med spinning rod.  Shimano Citica 201E & Pflueger Supreme 8030.

Berkley Lightning Rod Shocks:  6'6" M b/c rod, 7'6" ML spinning rod.

Phew....

Nice....

I'd really like to hear about that Prodigy spinning rod.  There is not much to be had in the form of real-world reviews on these.  I'm going back and forth between a Prodigy, Magtouch and a Mojo.

Got the Mojo 6'8" wacky spinning rod & it's a very good rod.  Right now they are made in the U.S. till St Croix gets their plant in Mexico up & running by the end of this year or next year.  So the Mojo's you buy now are U.S.A. made for $90'ish +.

I had the Magtouch & here's what I have to say.  Nice rods, like the guides & blank, like the graphite handle.  Here's what I didn't like:  the longer rods had longer handles & I tended to get caught while working the rod or just fishihng.  The reel seat on the b/c rod, the reel would wobble even if I had the seat screw tightened down good.  The graphite handle & rod seat area made for very cold hands holding the rod, not like cork or eva grips to help keep some of the cold off your hands.  Made in China.

Prodigy rods, won't have a chance to try them out till sometime this week.  But from what I know about it, having it in my hands & goofing w/ it in the basement; feels like to be a winner.  I will say though the spinning rod is a copy in looks of the Shimano Cumara w/ the graphite insert around the reel seat.  But be picky cuz as I mentioned, so of the Prodigy rods I saw the guides weren't all that lined up.

All 3 rods in the $100 range & all have great possibilities for the budget fisherman who wants new cool rods for a good price...even better when they go on sale.

It's a toss up, you'll have to check them out for yourself.  I'll try & get a write up how well the Prodigy rod fishes soon.