Sign in to follow this  
MAngler

Winding line

First of all, I would like to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge posted on these forums. My technique since finding this site has gone from rank amatuer to bumbling beginner. Which I think is an improvement? Anyhow I have noticed that the instructuions for my symetre say that you should spool line onto the reel as u would a baitcaster because of the power roller on the bailer. Would u all recommend this? I suspect I would still get some line twist.

By that i mean setting the spool on an arbor and winding it onto the reel as the spool spins rather than laying the spool flat as ive seen recommended.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge posted on these forums. My technique since finding this site has gone from rank amatuer to bumbling beginner. Which I think is an improvement? Anyhow I have noticed that the instructuions for my symetre say that you should spool line onto the reel as u would a baitcaster because of the power roller on the bailer. Would u all recommend this? I suspect I would still get some line twist.

The short answer is yes. This is how I spool my symetre no problems. This is not a lesser reel so enkoy the convenience of spooling as you would a baitcaster. No need to do it the hard way. The instructions in the manual are there for a reason... To show you how they recommend how to do it and since Shimano made the reel, who could be more qualified to suggest otherwise. Enjoy the convenience!