Sign in to follow this  
Boogey Man

Revo Premier braking question

I've read a lot about the braking system on the Reve STX being finicky and hard to adjust and was curious about the braking on the Premier. I know it has the linear mag brake like the STX and was wondering about the Premier. Heading to Bass Pro Shops Saturday and with the reel trade-in and the Wiley X sunglasses deal I was debating on checking one out.

while you're at it, you should also check out the revo skeet reese. basically, it is a premier but with centrifrugal brakes instead of magnetic, five more ball bearings, a longer handle and a fancy paint job with an included neoprene reel cover...all for only $20 more.

while you're at it, you should also check out the revo skeet reese. basically, it is a premier but with centrifrugal brakes instead of magnetic, five more ball bearings, a longer handle and a fancy paint job with an included neoprene reel cover...all for only $20 more.

That's another option. Which is the last thing you need when the bait monkey's after you ;D

i'm not trying encouraging the bait monkey...i only mentioned this as a way to avoid the linear magnetic brakes altogether. everyone can cast well with centrifrugal brakes and is probably a universally safer choice whereas a smaller percentage can successfully use the revo's mag brakes.