Sign in to follow this  
BASSMAFIA

Falcon Lowrider rods???

I have been looking at the falcon lowrider rods and thinking about picking up a flippin stick and 7'MH also for plasctics (worm, carolina)

Are these rods sensitive, and balanced well....

thanks

I love the lowriders,

They are sensitive, well balanced, and for the price are a great deal.

I have a 7" crankbait rod, and two 7'6" M's. I had another one, but a paint can broke it. I've been alternating between buying Avids and lowriders, but if my hours keep getting cut I'll have no problem saving $50 or so bucks for a good rod. If you don't like your rod let me know, cause I like mine.

Well this is what i got!!! :D:)

7'6" flippin special - H action/ Medium flex

I will use it for up close flippin action and frogs

3 - 6.9" angler of the year rods: MH action/ Medium fast flex

1. spinnerbaits

2. worms, pitchin plactics

3. pitchin jigs

I also use the Basspro crankin stick for my cranks, and I have a 7' M Bionic blade for topwater/buzzbaits. I also have a spinning combo that I use for shakey heads/wacky rigs/dropshots...

The reason I went with the falcons is because they are light, sensitive... these rods feel great with my shimano citica reels..

I might get a topwater rod from falcon but not sure if i really need to replace the bionic blade since its really a sight fishing technique instead of needing to be sensitive...

I also want to get a casting rod fro wacky rigging/dropshots but not sure which one to get... but the spinning combo will work for now since i dont use that technique all the time!

Falcons listed dropshot rod is a light action with a fast tip. I would definitely check it out before buying. I love these rods but think that may be too light. I use an Avid 6'8" MXF for dropshot, but that's just me. Try checking out this rod. LFS-4-1610 it's a 6'10" MF.

Falcon rods are the best value in fishing rods IMO. It does seem like the prices have gone up this year though.

I would stick to a quality spinning rod, reel for the wacky/shakey fishing. Carrot Stix, Rogue, Loomis are my favorites.

The ability to cast light or no weight, AND the vertical fall on entry gives the nod to spinning everytime.......For me.