Sign in to follow this  
dman

spinning rod choice

I just picked up another Stradic 2500 (Yay!)  and i need a rod for it.  MY local shops (Dicks, gander, walmart) don't have anything that interests me.  I am looking at 2 Daiwa choices online right now and would like some opinions\recommendations.

I'm looking at the Iaconelli signature rods @ $120...I really like the looks of the foam style grip,  that and just the whole handle "looks" comfortable.

Next is the Daiwa Light and Tuff @ $140,  I've heard good things about these.....Ive never held either one but the Ike looks more comfortable while i think the quality might be better with the L&T....Any opinions?

You can't put a Shimano reel on a Daiwa rod - that's sacrilegious and will insult the rod, the reel and all the shimano/daiwa people here! What were you thinking????? ;D

Seriously, take your reel down to the store, try it on the rods you are considering for balance and feel. Can't speak for Daiwa's rods, but they have some great rods available, as well as the other known brands. I believe biggest question is your fishing habits - what will you be looking to fish with the new rod, i.e. swimbaits, cranks, plastics, etc. I, personally, won't buy another rod without both knowing what I want to do with it and taking the reel I intend to put on it with me.

Good luck & let us know what you get.

that makes sense but the rods i'm interested in cant be found locally to try the reel on them.

It will be used for light tackle conditions: Worms, grubs, senko

"You can't put a Shimano reel on a Daiwa rod "

Believe me if i could afford a Cumara i would!

x3 on the avid, they are hands down the best rod for the money IMO I know a little more than you range but wait a couple weeks if you have to you will be glad you did. Otherwise look for one on ebay.

I think this avid is exactly what you want and is a great price.  Great rod for plastics.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1235588642

My Gander does not have any Avids...All i have ever seen are Premieres.

The Avid AVS68MXF is the most sensitive spinning rod I ever fished. I was actualy looking to buy a 7 footer MF (I like longer rods) but a guy shopping at BPS advised me to go for the 68MXF for the same kind of fishing you plan to do (sencos, light t-rigs, light jigs, tubes...). Boy am I happy I listened to him !

For a Stardic, I'd look into the Shimano Crucial line of rods. Geat rods for the money! And Gander Mountain carries them.

I would also suggest Fenwick HMG or Techna AV: you could get a good deal on Amazon , if you have patience and check regularly.

And yes, Daiwa and Shimano don't go together in my opinion. :D:)