Sign in to follow this  
luvfishing

Thanks guys

Jut wanted to thank you guys. For the great info on casting a baitcaster. I got my Daiwa Strikforce combo from cabelas, Spooled it up with some stren super braid, Tied on a walmart special spinnerbait that i bought for a dollar. Went out on this nice winter morning,and praticed. In 2.5hrs i got 3 small backlashes.  To bad i can only cast it side arm though.

Sounds like you're doing well. I'm still more comfortable casting side arm. However, you'll do even better with more experience. Practice changing the spool tension with different weights and you'll get even better distance & accuracy (and fewer backlashes :D ).

I'm so accurate now that I can reach and hit the side of a barn from at least 25 feet away ;D It's fun learning.

Congras on your new rig. One word of advice for you though. Spinnerbaits are one of the least aerodynamic lures by design and as a result they are not the bess lure to learn to pratice casting. Just buy yourself some bass casting weights at least 3/8 to 1/2 oz. This will keep your lures intact too since you won't be using them. You can buy a pack of bass casting weights at wal mart for less than $3 8-)

Cant wait for the ice to melt,and get out on the water with it, but i'll keep praticing on my days off.

Right on! I bought my first curado in the fall of one year and practiced out in my yard through the winter in the cold and rain. And I didn't give a thought to how weird my neighbors might have thought I was. ;D