Sign in to follow this  
bmadd

Crucial Crankbait series

What are user's opinions on these rods? I've held some of the Crucial rods but never one of the crankbait models. How are they?

bmadd,

I have the 7' MH crankbait Crucial and I love it. The TC4 construction is reasonably light but gives great feel to what is going on at the end of the line. I use 12# Gamma copoly for line and I can feel every wobble of the bait, thump of weeds and stuff I want to bang into. When you get a strike, you just feel all the wobbling stop and the moderate tip just loads up - fight on! and I have not had any come undone on this rod - probably luck but the tip has to help at least some :). I also think it casts really well even below its lure rating of 3/8 oz for the MH. I throw a lot of DT's and lipless with it and they really fly.

I hesitated at first getting a good quality crankbait rod when there were other "needs" on my wishlist but I do not regret the purchase one bit. In fact the positive experience has me strongly considering the Crucial drop shot rods.

Good Luck,

Bob K

bmadd, they're very nice. i have the 7' medium and it is very confidence-inspiring when you have a fish on.

bobbyK, it was actually the opposite for me. i had a crucial dropshot casting rod first and i liked it so much, i bought more crucials. i have both the 6'6" and the 7'0" dropshot casting rods (only 6 inches but the difference in action and feel between these two is miles). i cannot think of another adjective for my crucial rods other than "smooth". they absolutely feel great.