Sign in to follow this  
Stasher1

Re: Spinning rod suggestions

If you can squeeze another $20 out of your account, the BPS Johnny Morris Signature Series rods are currently on sale for $119.94

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98025_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems

You won't find a better rod in that price range, IMHO.

Yeah I was looking at that for my casting rod, I liked it but I did not like the recoil guides, they seemed cheap, have you used the JM rod?

Yeah I was looking at that...

not sure what you were looking at.  niether of the links above have recoil guides.

Yeah I was looking at that for my casting rod, I liked it but I did not like the recoil guides, they seemed cheap, have you used the JM rod?

I own two of the JM Signature Series rods, one 6'6" MH/F spinning that I've had for a while now and a 6'10" MH/XF casting rod that I just picked up this afternoon. They're very nice rods, light and sensitive. The 6'6" MH/F JMSS has replaced my Crucial as my go-to spinning rod. I'm actually thinking about selling the Crucial and picking up another JMSS while they're on sale.

The JM Sig. Series has Fuji titanium-framed SiC guides instead of the Recoil guides that are on the JM Elite Series. From what I've seen and read, that's the major difference between the two rods.

Yeah I mixed the two up. I was talking about the elite series.