Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

My new GBlank RX8+ spinning set-up

I wanted to share my new GBlank RX8+ 66MEX custom spinning set-up with the GBlanks fans, I got the idea of doing an all black on black here from fellow member Dominion Dan, this thing is extremely light. The reel too came from a fellow members recomendation. Team Daiwa Tierra 2500.

DSC09960.jpg

DSC09961.jpg

DSC09962.jpg

DSC09964.jpg

SWEET! That thing looks great! I wonder why major manufacturers haven't  realized the potential market for all black rods. Shimano has the Cumara and Daiwa has the Zillion but other than that, there aren't too many options as far as "murdered out" rods go.

Very nice setup!

Nice rod...I love me some black foam. GREAT reel choice; I think Daiwa makes the best spinning reel in the $100-$150 range. I fish the Advantages myself, but the only difference between the Advantage and the Tierra is the wet sealed drag.  I fished a couple of Tierra's all last year, and they are amazing.  Superior finish and overall build quality for a reel at that price point.  

I'm looking forward to hearing a review of it in action :)  I just took my Tierra 2500 out yesterday for the first time.  Sweet...  And I was using 10lb Gamma in 29 degree weather.

It would be great if you can share the details of how you spec'ed the rod.  Also, an indication of the cost of the options over the standard G Blanks pricing would be helpful.  I don't mean to be to nosey, but the standard price is about the top of my current budget.

Thanks for sharing!  I love the all business appearance.

Leon