Sign in to follow this  
hawgchaser

Been fishing with the ST Croix Mojo

I bought the 6'6"M for jerkbaits. I put an '09 Energy on it and hit the lake all week. There is no question in my mind, this is the best $90 rod on the market. I would be happy paying $150 for this rod. The action is perfect for jerkbaits, topwaters, and even lighter spinnerbaits.

The biggest knock on these rods are that they are tip heavy. This just isn't an issue to me. I compared how it balanced to an Avid, Quantum Energy PT, All Star, falcon, and an older Loomis. It did not feel any more tip heavy than the others.

The rod loads well, has great action, and I could feel the bottom very well when throwing a finesse jig.(I like a M action for small hair jigs and finesse jigs). Really I don't have anything bad to say about this rod. The look and feel is top notch. However, for $60 more dollars, you can get an Avid that carries a lifetime warranty instead of the 5 year the Mojo has.

Thanks for the review.  I have the same jerkbait rod but have not had a chance to get out fishing with it yet.  I cannot wait though, it looks like it will be a great rod.  I also have the wacky style spinning model which I also am anxious to try out.  Like you said, they seem like great rods for the $90 price tag.