Sign in to follow this  
bpraz

09 Quantum Energy, Catalyst , Johnny Morris Elite baitcasters

For everyday general fishing how do these reels rate ? I have a 09 Tour an a Zillion  which i really love so i want to try something different .

Thanks

Energy and catalyst are both great reels in my mind.. all i use is quantum and they haven;t let me down so far

I can't say enough about the Energy. It's the best sub $200 reel I have ever used! I will be buying several more. I'm officially a Quantum fan.

I have several Johnny Morris Sig reels.  They are identical to the Elite reels except for a couple things.  The Elites use duraluminum gears to cut weight and the chin under the line guide mech is slotted on the elite's, also to reduce weight.

The JM reels are a larger reel than many.  Sorta like comparing a Curado 200D series to say the 100D or even a 200D to a Revo or a Pflueger LP reel.  

Great casting reels and the dual braking gives you a lot of options and versatility.  

Thanks for all the info i appreciate it . I heard one time that the Johnny Morris reel made a lot of grinding noise when on the retrieve . Do you know anything about this ?

I have 4 of them I've been using since last season, no grinding that I'm aware of.