Sign in to follow this  
Boett43

Need Some Help Please

Idk if im weird or what but i want to pick a brand of reel and use only that brand. Ive got it down to 3, Abu-Garcia, Daiwa, And Quantum. What are some plus and minuses of these brands? Any opinions would be great thanks

I am a life long Abu fan so you can guess my answer. IMO, the new line of Revos is pretty hard to beat. Besides having the best drag system in the industry, competitive pricing and the infi II spool system, they are pretty darn sexy too!!!  :)

With that said, i have also heard great things about the Quantum PT reels as well.

I'm like what you want to be and loyal to using one brand Shimano.  But since that isn't one of your choices time to go to plan b.  For me I would never choose Quantum (too hold together well enough for me), So that leaves Diawa and Garcia.  I would have to go with Abu Garcia because after toying around with a buddies Revo's if I wasn't a Shimano man these would be it for me.

i dunno why people knock quantum so bad but i love em.. i also like to stick with only one brand and im definitely a quantum fan... the new catalyst's and energys are top notch IMO... i definitly got to recommend quantum

Of the three I would choose either Daiwa or Abu Garcia.  Probably go with the Abu Garcia Revo line.  Tough as nails and an awesome drag system.

Later, :)