Sign in to follow this  
castaway

LVR D-15

I bought 2 Lucky Craft LVR D-15 baits on clearance sale at Bass pro shop for $6.99 each. There was only 2 left, 1 in Rootbeer craw and 1 in Mat tiger color.My question is has anyone used these baits ? Ivan

Use 'em and love 'em! Throw them when you need to cull up, in deep water, or when the fish are eating larger forage. They're basically the same as any other lipless except they've got a great weight for the size at 1 oz. Get's down quick and hugs the bottom really nicely. Not as loud as say the LV-500 but they'll still be very audible.

supermat, Thank you for taking the time to respond.I thought they would work, wondered what would happen if you switched the heavy hooks out to a Gamakatsu EWG #4 treble ? I was thinking if a big smallmouth would hit the bait, the lighter wire treble would give you a better hook up ratio ? :-/ Ivan

Castaway,

I actually stay with the same size hook but go with a 2X version. I've never had a single problem with hookup, just with bending nout light wire hooks. If you tend to be a light fisherman than you're ok, I fish aggresively so I have to go with heavier hooks.

Thank you again for the reply.The ewg is the same size, just lighter wire shanked.It is going to be interesting to fish them this coming summer.Ivan