Sign in to follow this  
clipper

New US Reel Baitcaster

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the new baitcaster US Reel is now offering at a special price through BASS PRO.  The design is revolutionary with a totally new levelwind device and the spool spins backwards.  I have been using one of their spinning reels for several years and it has given me good service.  I've been thinking about a new baitcaster but I usually don't try new products until they have established a proven track record.  

i asked this same question the other day but only got 1 response. i guess they are still pretty new and not many people own/used them yet? i went to bps last week to buy the new curado e5 and was going to get one of the us reels too but the bps in oklahoma city does not carry them yet. im going to check in some other forums for info on them and if i find anything i will let ya know.

robbie

No, they really are not new.

The technology has been around for a number of years.

Seems US Reels is on an advertising campaign to promote the reels.

Get one and use it and let us know how you like it.  ;)

I have not seen up close, a fishing buddy of mine saw it at a local tackle shop and said that he saw a casting demo from the store owner and mentioned that it really does what it claims in terms of a very long cast compared to his Shimano's that he's always used. The question that I have about the so called U.S. (but made in China) reel is how well it will hold up and what kind of service you can expect if repairs are needed. Since it's a fairly new offerring only time will tell.

I'm not feeling too adventuresome right now so I think I'll wait and see how they hold up for other people.  The sale was tempting.