Sign in to follow this  
Bassyak

David Vance Pro Series Rods

Anyone ever heard of these or, better yet, seen or used them before?  I saw a few on an online auction and was wondering of they were any good.  The website is http://davidvancefishing.com/DAVIDVANCE/  and lists them from $220 to $400 MSRP, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else.  As far as I can tell from the pictures, they don't look like they sport Fuji or any other name brand components.

As far as I can tell from the pictures, they don't look like they sport Fuji or any other name brand components.

The reel seats are Batson, the guides look to be Batson or Fuji and I can almost guaranty the blank is probably Batson....definetly not rods worth $400.  Don't get me wrong, he probably makes a decent product, but If I'm going to drop that kind of money on a custom rod I want it to, look like a $400 rod, be innovative, have high quality components, and not look like it was pulled off an assembly line.

If you want to spend that kind of money on a rod check out the highend St. Croix's, Loomis, Setyr, Fenwick, etc....and atleast they have a lifetime warranty, not just 5 years.

Imagine paying $355 for a custom rod only to have a misspelling on it.  Click on the link below and look at the 2 rod down on the right.  I assume it is supposed to be "Worm Rod"

http://davidvancefishing.com/DavidVance/products.aspx?CID=1

I'm sure Long Mike would love that rod.

AAFES.Com (PX) has these rods on their online auction. They are going for about half the MSRP. Think they are worth that much?