Sign in to follow this  
snapshotmd

Field & Stream Gear

Does anyone know if the F&S brand is its own company, affiliated with the magazine, or just a Dicks brand?

I kinda doubt that its affiliated with the mag since the logo is different.  If it is just a Dicks brand then who actually makes their rods?  I'm interested in getting the 7' MH casting rod.  Seems like a nice rod for the money.

I don't know who makes them but take a careful look at the rods before you buy them.

They had a bunch of 7'6" flipping sticks that were priced right and went to pick one up as a back up. Every single rod on the rack had a cracked or broken guide somewhere on it.

Now it could have been a dropped shipment or something else particular to this store. Just make sure you take a close look before purchasing.

Does anyone know if the F&S brand is its own company, affiliated with the magazine, or just a Dicks brand?

I kinda doubt that its affiliated with the mag since the logo is different. If it is just a Dicks brand then who actually makes their rods? I'm interested in getting the 7' MH casting rod. Seems like a nice rod for the money.

I have the exact same rod you are getting.  IMO, there is a better rod out there besides the Field & Stream in that price range.

The only problem I have about them is that they are not very sensitive to me (once again, IMO).  Also, the rod is a two-piece and for some reason I haven't had very good luck with two-piece rods (that is also, IMO).

As for what you asked about the affiliation to the magazine or Dick's Sporting Goods:  I do believe that they are a Dick's Sporting Goods company because that is the only place I have been able to find these rods.  

I have no idea who makes the rods for Dick's though.

Hope this helped you some and happy fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the exact same rod you are getting.  IMO, there is a better rod out there besides the Field & Stream in that price range.

The only problem I have about them is that they are not very sensitive to me (once again, IMO).  Also, the rod is a two-piece and for some reason I haven't had very good luck with two-piece rods (that is also, IMO).

The rod that I'm looking at is a blue, 1pc, 7 ft, MedHvy, IM7 graphite casting rod.  It retails for $50.

I've noticed that MedHvy has different meaning between brands  All-star MH rods feel like my Quantum M rod.  But this F&S MH rod truly feels like a MH rod, i.e. stiffer than my Quantum rod.  No innuendo comments please ;D