Sign in to follow this  
centxfisherman

Just got my Powell 683cef rod!!

Ok, granted all I've done is go to the back yard and cast it with a weightless senko, but I really like it! It doesn't hurt that the black with gray trim of my new Revo SX matches perfectly the black and gray of the rod. I know, simple pleasures for simple minds...lol. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions as to a good first bc reel and all around good bc rod. I really think this set-up is going to work nicely for me.

The learning curve for my first bc rod and reel is actually ahead of my preconceived time-frame. Whoever suggested that the release point is about 2ft before that of a spinning reel was dead on. After making that adjustment things began to fall in place. So after about 3 hours of fishing and a little practice this afternoon with the Powell rod, I'm actually gaining confidence and dealing with limited overruns and backlashes.

Many thanks again for all of you that continue to offer advice and share your vast experience. This is a wonderful site and my wife wonders if I'm ever going to sit and watch TV with her again...lol.

WOW, very nice for first bc man! BTW, all of my Powell rods are paired with Revo SX because they look so pretty together, LOL!

Great choice. Wait till you fish it, you'll love it even more.

This is the next Rod i am considering. I have two 704Cs that I adore.

WHAT DO UOU USE YOURS FOR? i AM SELLING MY 705c(IF I EVER GET AROUND TO LISTING IT)!

They serve all kinds of purposes.  Earlier in the spring one had a jig tied on and the other had a spinner bait.  Now, I think they both have Texas rigs tied on.  

They are a good rod for lighter T-Rigs and Jigs.