Sign in to follow this  
Tim Ford

Outer Banks Rods

My wife bought me an "Outer Banks Custom Power Stick" from a store that was going out of business. It is 6'6" Medium Heavy, and appears to be a high quality rod. It is a baitcaster rod. I am completely unfamiliar with this brand. I believe they make primarily offshore angling equipment. I would just like a little bit more info on the rod. I did a yahoo search, but didn't find much. She paid $28 for it (clearance price). Can you tell me if this is a good rod? Would it be worth it for me to put a high quality reel on it? Thanks.

from what I can gather,its the boaters world house brand, I was looking into them myself because there was a real sweet 7' I saw at the one that's going out of business in my town, so I did some research, but couldn't find much, I went back to get it anyway, going by the feel of the rod, and the one I was looking at was gone, oh well.

they probably aren't nearly in the range of st croix, gloomis, all star,or others,but give it a shot, and if you like it, fish with it...you never know.