Sign in to follow this  
pk

Crucial Casting vs Crucial Casting Dropshot

I've got a 6'6 M Shimano Crucial Casting Dropshot rod with fast action.  Aside from the split handle how is it any different from the Crucial Casting 6'6 M?  The Crucial Casting rod appears to have the full cork handle but its a fast action rod just like the dropshot.

i have both the 6'6" and 7'0" dropshot casting crucials. the tips are 'extra fast' compared to the regular crucials which are closer to 'fast'. this makes the dropshot models not only good for dropshotting but it also excels at shakeyhead and pitchin' light baits.

i have both the 6'6" and 7'0" dropshot casting crucials. the tips are 'extra fast' compared to the regular crucials which are closer to 'fast'. this makes the dropshot models not only good for dropshotting but it also excels at shakeyhead and pitchin' light baits.

I have the 6'6 and 7'0 as well and I've never used them for dropshotting.  Mostly Senkos, finesse worms and really small spinnerbaits.  Which is what *** says the Casting Crucial is better for.   That said the split grip is really nice when throwing spinnerbaits over and over.

i have a 7'6 split grip and i use it for carolina rigs and jigs..... to each their own i guess...