Sign in to follow this  
reo

Team Daiwa TD-Pro Spinning Reels

Interested in opinions on Team Daiwa TD-Pro Spinning Reels that are on sale at BPS. I have a 2000 Capricorn that is no longer made (figures cause I love it) and a Dicks version that is not the same quality and am wondering how the TD-Pro stacks up to these two. I could use another spinning reel and have $50 of BPS cards to burn. I would like to get away with less than $90 otd.

THANKS!!

They are on sale for $80 right now on the BPS website. I've only handled them in the store and they felt solid and smooth.

Yes, I am aware of the sale. I guess my poorly worded question is; How do they compare to the genuine capricorn? and does anyone use/own both the TD-Pro and the capricorn?

Thanks in advance

reo

I had 2 and loved them at first. Until the screw in the handle started backin out for no reason. Thats my one issue with daiwas spinning gear is the handles are absolute junk. I returned both of mine and couldnt be happier. Now I have a tierra which actually has the same handle but has yet to fall apart. However I have only cast it maybe a few dozen times so time will tell. I love my sol spinning reel but same thing, handle is junk. Id go with a shimano spinning reel, much better for the money imo. Baitcasters, a whole different story, daiwa rules. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Yes, I am aware of the sale. I guess my poorly worded question is; How do they compare to the genuine capricorn? and does anyone use/own both the TD-Pro and the capricorn?

Thanks in advance

reo

sorry, I'm pretty sure the silver Capricorns were discontinued before I got into fishing. The thing with Bass Pro shop is that they are pretty good about returning products. You could always buy the TD Pro, try it out, and then if you don't like it, bring it back and exchange it for something else.