Sign in to follow this  
Lard_Bass

Sensitive line

Guys,

I have been a loyal Yo-Zuri Hybrid US user on my spinning reels.  Recently, I have reading a lot about other lines and their application.  I mainly use Hybrid but one buddy is telling me that I should switch to braid (with a flouro leader) to get more sensitivity.  A salesman at Cabelas also pitched me on this setup when I was checking out line.  What do you guys think?  I am mainly going to use the setup for jig worms and t-rigged worms.  Thanks.

PS - Same Cabelas guy got me to spend money on Invisx.  Not a bad line but I think I like Yo-Zuri better.  The salesguy kept telling me the lack of stretch in fluoro would improve sensitivity for me if I didn't give braid a shot.

Used orig. Stren for a bunch of years so when I switched to YZUS it was like someone turned the light on as far as stretch and sensitivity goes. Lots of folks swear by braid, haven't tried it yet myself. IMHO no line is perfect for all situations. Don't have rigs set up for all techniques, YZUS is the one that works best for me. Sure said a lot to not answer your question :)...

skillet

IMHO all the advise you got was straight on. We all have opinions and I'd agree with what you were told. Many people don't like Fluro on Spinning gear because memory issues. So many people have gone to braid because of it's no memory and low stretch with a fluro leader. The leader gives you the added benefit of the line not being very visable without the downfall of fluro on a spinning reel. As far as invisx it's my favorite Fluro out there. I think it has less memory then any other Fluro out there. I personally don't like Yozuri much but I've never been able to get my hands on the soft version.

Thanks for all the input guys.  The salesman felt that fluoros have less stretch than copolymer lines.  When I got Invisx, I was actually surprised to see how "springy" or stretchy it was next to YZ US.  Yeah, I have been fishing with YZ US for over 4 years now but for some reason (aka. bait monkey), I just want to make sure that I am not missing out on trying something different.