Sign in to follow this  
grimlin

Bail arm on daiwa tierra?

I'm very curious,I found a bunch of grooves dug into my bail arm on my Daiwa Tierra 2500 spinning reel.I just noticed this and when i went to figure out how it happened.It looks as if when my lure gets snagged and i use the bow n' arrow technique to free the lure,the line is rubbing on my bail arm.I'm using trilene xl line.

Has anyone experience those grooves on the bail arm like that? It's right by where the reel roller wraps the line onto the spool.

I got a new Bail arm part coming...so it is getting replaced,but i was wondering if this happened to anybody else...because this is a first for me.

I just got this reel last week!  I love it too, but I haven't used it enough to experience this happening.  I'm kind of surprised that you were able to put enough pressure on it to make grooves in the bail arm.

I dunno what the heck i did,but it is an awesome reel.

It's a $3 part to replace,so not really a big deal. I was shocked when i discovered it though.I need to watch what I'm doing i guess.

I'm looking to get another one sooner or later.It's been close to 2 years now since I've had this reel and i gave this sucker a workout!