Sign in to follow this  
massgreenfish

Zillion rods

Hi guys.looking for info on specific applications for these rods,I narrowed  it down to 691mhxb for spinnerbait,worms and jigs,701mxb for senko,701hfb for crankbait and 701xhfb for the carolina.Any opinions would helpful,will be using the zillion 50 reels .To BigRick sorry again.Thanks

hi and welcome to the boards. i would HIGHLY recommend you buy just one to start. the zillions are great rods but the reel seat design isn't for everyone. plus, their power and action ratings are little on the light side and may take getting used to. i'd say get the TXZL701MXB (perfect senko rod and excellent for wormin') and go from there. throw blades and cranks with it and experiment other apps on it to get a better sense of it's capabilities. i personally prefer mod to mod/fast action for spinnerbaits and cranks.

I don't think any of the Zillions would be ideal for crankbaits, but I guess it depends on personal preference. They are very fast actions.

I have the 691mhxb and I think it is GREAT for spinnerbaits. It's also good for plastics and light jigs but I prefer longer rods for those applications. I feel like anything under 7' can't get enough leverage on a hookset (but that's just me).

I fish some TD-Z's on two of them a 6.9MHXB and a 6.6MXB and the XF rods are SUPER fast and I love them. I believe they are some of if not the best rod in that price range. I agree with there isnt a zillion rod made that would be a real good crank rod.. the 6.9MHXB is a VERY VERY powerful rod with a VERY VERY VERY fast action... but a truely sensitive stick..that can handle all kinds of lures that need a powerful rod... I use it as a back up flipping rod and a smaller swim bait rod... and the reel seat is awesome one of the most comfortable ive ever fished other then the air seat on my Steez rods. they are nice and light and you will love the Air foam grips.. the only thing ide say thats bad is that on the 6.9MHXB it is a little tip heavy with a light reel such as a TD-Z its balanced pretty well with a Zillion tho still a tad tip heavy even with the Zillion but not to bad.

post-23637-130162927429_thumb.jpg