Sign in to follow this  
Fat-G

Need Help!!! Stren vs. P-Line

One of my good friends is a guide on the James River, and to collect his gills he is casting 1 inch grubs on 1/32 oz. jigheads. He is using Stren two pound line. Lately I have been thinking of getting into trophy largemouth fishing with live bait, and need an easy way to get some gills. I have P-Line eight pound test on a 2500 Sahara, but it has the diameter of a six pound class line. I was thinking about getting some P-Line four pound test, and I figured it would have the diameter of two pound test line, but I can't find this info ANYWHERE online. Can anyone help me??

Sorry for not making this clear. I want the two pound diameter line to cast the 1 inch grubs a mile. Hehe sorry!

Personally I would use 4lb trilene xl. You should have no problems casting it and the xl in general is thinner then other lines a the same breaking strength.

Im not sure of the diameter but 4lb. CXX is overkill for panfish, i was landing 3 and 4 lb. small mouth in Tenn. this summer on 4lb. with a Fenwick UL. I even took that set up on the flats last week and landed multiple trout north of 20 in. small jacks, and one small snook. No BS that is some strong line.

use 2# CXX for bluegills and 6# or 8# CXX for large mouth . actually you might not want to go over 6# CXX on a 2500 size spinning reel , 8# is pushing it !!! as far as the dia. of CXX in the 2-6# range , my opinion is they are pretty darn close to the same dia. as most other lines in that test (izorline , trilene xl , maxima , etc... )