Sign in to follow this  
bpraz

Stradic FI or Saros spinning reels

I need to purchase a new spinning reel to throw plastics an i want it to be one of these . Does anyone have or use either of these 2 .

Thanks for the help.

I have an 2500 series Stradic FI. For the most part, it's a nice reel. I've heard a lot of folks like the Saros.

i own 2 of the saros.....

both in the 3000 size.......

use one for fresh, and one for inshore salt.....

i have absolutely zero complaints about the saros, simply and awesome reel for the $$$... and i can say to anyone that i would recommend it!

as for the stradic, i do not own one.... but im sure it is a great reel...

(i own a much, much, older model stradic 2000 that still get somewhat regular use after like 10 or 11 years or so, ive really completely lost track of the time frame..., thats just a ballpark figure........ works good as new too i might add.)

i want to say its a stradic FE, or FG ....??? dunno, somethin like that!

Both are nice reels.  But, I read somewhere that the Aerowrap II on the Stradic and above reels are better for braided lines that further alleviates the line from digging.  

I both have the Stradic and Saros. As noted above, the only difference is the AeroWrap Oscillation II system on the Stradic. With that being said, I have braid on my Saros and had no issues. In terms of "feel" I would argue the difference is small. I don't think you can go wrong with either reel.

However, if you are doing a lot of finesse fishing with plastics, go with the CI4. The lightness of the reel when paired up with a nice rod really helps detect those subtle bites. I have the CI4 and love it.

F1  :)

Last time I was at my local Gander Mountain they had the Saros in clearance AND 25%OFF on top of that; so it would cost you about $75. that beats the heck out of any other reel !!! I mean BANG for the BUCK$$$$.