Sign in to follow this  
LAO162

All Star Platinum P787C

Please note I tried several searches and have been timing out. :)

I just got a great deal on an All Star Platinum P787C.  I believe it is the Worm Rod 2, but have not found much other information.  Although it is rated as heavy power, it has very similar ratings to my Fenwick Techna AV AVC66MHF.  Can these two rods be used interchangeably, or is the P787C truly for heavier jigs & worm rigs.  Any experience with them would be appreciated.

Also, has All Star dropped the Platinum line?  I can't find the specs on their site.

Thanks ;)

The 787 is a heavy /fast action rod.  I owned one at one time and the power plus action of that rod was just way more than I needed.  Instead I have a pair of 786 rods that I do most of my plastic and jig fishing with.  If you throw a lot of heavier plastics or jigs into heavy cover and prefer the 6'6" rod length that would be the rod for you.  I'd also search Ebay or the forums for a used Titanium in the same model.

I don't know why the Platinums were discontinued.  I suspect All Star will replace it with something else.  Probably an upper end rod with SG's? 

Thanks Cart7, I don't have much need for a heavy rod, but it was such a good deal, I figured it would still be good to have a heavy rod in the arsenal. I now have better expectations as I wait until Spring to use it.:)