Sign in to follow this  
SWMIBASSER

Anyone use the Mossyback BCR 853? Impressions?

Anyone else use this rod? Got a decent deal on one from the forum. Can't wait to get it.

The impression I get is that it's money for 3/8 jigs and plastics. I think Bronzefly stated that it can handle 1/2 oz, especially when compared to the 803.

As for the sensitivity, it appears to be just under an IMX. I have not used a mossyback myself, but the IMX is pretty sensitive in my hands. If it is anywhere close than I am sure you will be impressed. Sounds like you have a great all-around plastics rod.

Let me know how you like the action of the rod. I am thinking about an 803 or 853 as my next rod purchase.  ;)

I'm surprised there aren't more here using this rod.

Anyone with impression on the BCR855? I'm thinking about getting this rod also.

I have the 853 and 855 both in GLX.  The 853 is definitely in the zone with 3/8 oz jigs.  I do think it can handle 1/2 oz, but I prefer 3/8 stuff with it.  The 855 is one incredible rod.  I use mine for everything from big worms in deep water, football jigs in deep water, pitching big jigs and plastics, and even ribbit style toads.

Well I got the rod today. I'm excited to use it. To bad I need to wait all winter.

It feels a little heavy, and a little tip heavy but some of my other rods, do too. I think my hands and arms are tired from all the sanding I've been doing on a project I'm working on.