Sign in to follow this  
reeetep

lamiglass excel vs mojo bass vs skeet reese poles

Either I haven't been paying attention, or there hasn't been much talk about the Lamiglass Excel.

I used a few Lamiglass Musky rods growing up and the quality was beyond excellent...At least that's how I remember it. :)

Either I haven't been paying attention, or there hasn't been much talk about the Lamiglass Excel.

I used a few Lamiglass Musky rods growing up and the quality was beyond excellent...At least that's how I remember it. :)

Well said and true and it's still ture today. I am a lamiglas fan and their rods are at least from reading posts from here and there, you could get the impression that they are not as well known outside the west.

The lamis I have are not from the Excel series as no local dealer in my area carries them yet (kind of ironic since I only live 2 hours from their HQ but on the other side of the coin, salmon and steelhead are king here, not bass)

I have held mojos and they are alright, but I would take a Lami competitor rod over a mojo any day. The excel is price wise very close to the competitor. If the excel's blank is half as good and it could be better as the competitor rod, the $90 price or so for the excel is a steal of the deal.

Skeet reese rods blind me and that's only from photos!  ;D

I reckon my point is you'll get great bang for the buck with a Lami fo sho.

You don't see too much hype about the lamiglas excel series or lamiglas in general all to often because word regarding the quality of the product and brand gets around by members like us of the fishing community rather than advertisement like the W&M tessera rods. So far I love my excel xl 7116 c rod. It would be nice on my particular model to have a foregrip to help muscle fish out of heavy cover but overall it's still very light for a heavier duty rod and I love the split grip and reel seat. I'm not sure why they went with the hook keeper below the reel, seems kinda inconvenient, but it's convenient to slip a t-rig in due to the design. The color was okay at first but now I've grown to love it. Sensetivity seems good but I haven't really put it to the test due to it's applications. One if the better aspects about it is that it's hand crafted here in the  U.S.A so you can have full confidence your buying a quality product that they're going to back up with a great lifetime warranty should anything go wrong.

You don't see too much hype about the lamiglas excel series or lamiglas in general all to often because word regarding the quality of the product and brand gets around by members like us of the fishing community rather than advertisement like the W&M tessera rods. So far I love my excel xl 7116 c rod. It would be nice on my particular model to have a foregrip to help muscle fish out of heavy cover but overall it's still very light for a heavier duty rod and I love the split grip and reel seat. I'm not sure why they went with the hook keeper below the reel, seems kinda inconvenient, but it's convenient to slip a t-rig in due to the design. The color was okay at first but now I've grown to love it. Sensetivity seems good but I haven't really put it to the test due to it's applications. One if the better aspects about it is that it's hand crafted here in the U.S.A so you can have full confidence your buying a quality product that they're going to back up with a great lifetime warranty should anything go wrong.

That hook holder on a drop shot rod would be perfect. Since it would be holding the weight and not the hook...When not used on a D/S rod I see your point. Seems to be in a odd place.

I have a Mojo and an Excel. Fit and finish is probably a toss up, both are good, Excel may be a little better. I don't think you could go wrong with either one, but I would definitely pick either of these before the Skeet Reese rods. I was not impressed with them when I picked them up at the store. Another thing to consider, if it's important to you, is the Excel rods are made in the U.S.A. Mojos were, but I believe they moved manufacturing to Mexico now.

That hook holder on a drop shot rod would be perfect. Since it would be holding the weight and not the hook...When not used on a D/S rod I see your point. Seems to be in a odd place.

Ah, right, right. I knew the hook keeper itself would make a good drop shot weight holder and contemplated mounting one on my loomis dropshot rod that only came with the crummy sleeve but I never considered that the location itself would be more convenient for storing a dropshot rig. What's more is that it's directly behind and not off to the side. Don't ask me why but overall not a huge deal