Sign in to follow this  
doublest

Cabelas Prodigy B/C rod Curado Reel Combo

Was browsing Cabela's and ran across a sale on a Cabela's Prodigy Rod paired with a Shimano Curado E Reel for 199.98. Does this appear to be a  a decent buy? I was thinking about the  6'6" XF MH. 1 pc. rod. I know the value of the reel, but was hoping to get some opinions about the rod.Any suggestions?

The Prodigys sell for $100 I believe. The reel can be had for about the same. So, you might be saving a few bucks buying the combo.

The Prodigys sell for $100 I believe. The reel can be had for about the same. So, you might be saving a few bucks buying the combo.

Pretty hard to find the Curado e for 100. If the prodigy's sell for 100 then if your getting a new Curado that's usually around 180 then pretty much your getting that 100 dollar rod for 20. Sounds pretty good to me, but I've never used any Cabelas brand rods.

The Prodigy rod does sell for $100 and going to purchase one for myself. I have Cabelas XMLTi,XML,MagTouch and Fish Eagle II rods and haven't had a problem with any. Some might say they are a bit tip heavy but they work fine for me in each application. They also have a great warranty so I would say it's a good deal

I bought the rig last month for $225. The reel normally was $180 and rod $90.

The rod was very nice, but I didn't like the long handle which most casting rods have. I took it back and replaced it with a pistol grip rod.

If you like the rod, then you are looking at a great price.

Pretty hard to find the Curado e for 100. If the prodigy's sell for 100 then if your getting a new Curado that's usually around 180 then pretty much your getting that 100 dollar rod for 20. Sounds pretty good to me, but I've never used any Cabelas brand rods.

I've bought my last 4 Curado's new for $135 shipped, look harder.

I've bought my last 4 Curado's new for $135 shipped, look harder.

Oh so apparently finding a brand new curado for 135 is easy and a used one for 100? Sounds to me like you need to start buying these in excess and passing on the deals to people like me that have trouble finding brand new 180 dollar reels for only 135.