Sign in to follow this  
Carrington

Need help with a new crankbait setup

Ok, so i was wondering if the G.Loomis crankbait series 7ft rod with med-heavy action was a good rod for crankbaits and then i was needing suggestions on a great low profile baitcaster for crankbaiting that is $350 or less.

the power was med-heavy not the action

I am assuming you are talking about the CBR845. I throw almost any size crankbait, some buzzbaits, and topwater with this rod. The only negative is the shorter handle, but it doesn't bother me. A lot of good reviews on the net about this rod. I have mine paired with a Citica E. If you like the slower gear ratio then you could look at the Curado E5.

ok i will look at that reel and yes i am talking about that rod, thank you for the advice.  I am trying to get a few different reels together so when i goto the store i can look at them all and chose from there

would anyone recommend the shimano chronarch d series over the curado 200 E5?

The D feels smoother, but it depends on if you think it is worth the higher pricetag. It also hold less line and because of the lighter combined spool/line weight; it can cast lighter baits better.

I can't think of anything the D can do that the Curado E can't.

So you said the d can cast lighter lures.  Does that imply that i could do finese fishing with it possible? such as maybe a senko with no weight added?

If you are talking about a crankbait reel, I would assume a 5:1 ratio like the E5 or D5. These take up less line, inches per turn. If you want a reel for throwing plastics then I would look at a 7.1:1 reel like the E7 or D5. Both can throw weightless senkos. Senkos actually weigh quite a bit.

Remember that there are other brands out there as well. I like Shimano, and so do a lot of members on this board, but there are other companies out there.

Use the search button on the upper left to help answer some questions. For example:

"weightless reel", "crankbait reel", Curado E, Chronarch D, etc.

I hope this helps. :)

ok thank you so much for the help.