Sign in to follow this  
Goose52

2009 BPS Rick Clunn BC Reel - $71.82 (or $89.77 ! )

Just to announce a good deal for those that are so inclined, and NOT to begin another pro-con thread on BPS reels...

The 2009 model Rick Clunn reel retailed for $109.99 last year. It was reduced on clearance in December to $89.77. Just yesterday, they reduced it again to $71.82 :) This reel is a great deal at this price - 8 bearings, dual-braking, etc. This price is now cheaper than what an Extreme BC reel currently sells for. The 2009 RC reel is essentially the same as the "new" RCX reel that BPS is selling for $109.99.

The reel is a bit heavy at 9.45 oz but that's only about a half-ounce heavier than the ProQualifier or Extreme.

As of right now, they still have 7.1 and 6.4 ratios in RH and LH but are sold out of the 5.4 ratios.

I just bought a 7.1 to go with the 6.4 I already had 8-)

FWIW...

;D

I just checked the tracking on mine this morning and its at my post office. I purchased the 6.4:1 ratio. I also bought a pro qualifier that I got on E-bay for 50 bucks. I like the dual braking on these since I am new to baitcasting.

I just checked the tracking on mine this morning and its at my post office. I purchased the 6.4:1 ratio. I also bought a pro qualifier that I got on E-bay for 50 bucks. I like the dual braking on these since I am new to baitcasting.

You probably outbid me on the ProQualifier - I hope it's a good one!

On the dual braking - you don't have to be new to baitcasting to like this feature - I think it's the wave of the future and you will see more and more reels adopt similar braking systems. It's good for everyone :)

I got mine toady. First impression is Excellent. Very smooth and the spool freewheels perfectly. The finish is like the soft touch Cell phone and it has held up very well in my pocket for the last few years.

Looks great, feels great and hopefully will last a long time. I should have ordered a spare at that price...

...Looks great, feels great and hopefully will last a long time. I should have ordered a spare at that price...

Too late - sold out on-line!  It was a good deal for sure...

I take it that this RC reel is last years model? In the catalog the RC reel is purple looking! I was just thinking what is the up grade on the new vs. the old one? :-? :)

I take it that this RC reel is last years model? In the catalog the RC reel is purple looking! I was just thinking what is the up grade on the new vs. the old one? :-? :)

Yes - the $71.82 reel is the 2009 model. The only noticeable change on the new "RCX" reel is the color. The remaining specifications are the same (bearing count, weight, line capacity, handle design, etc.). No one with the new RCX reel has checked in yet to report any changes other than color.

Crazy - first BPS sells out of these. Then they find more, but still list them for $71.82. Today I notice that they've raised the price up to $89.77. Must of figured out they were giving them away ... ;D