Sign in to follow this  
Simp

Got a awesome deal on a Team Daiwa Light & Tough Rod

My local bass club had it's annual banquet tonight. We always have a auction of stuff we bring in. It's fun and it helps cover costs for the dinner (PRIME RIB!!). I sat next to a guy I've grown to be pretty good friends with in the club. The story starts with the fact he loves the older Curado's. So of course a rod and reel combo come up with a older Curado and a Team Diawa Light and tough, 6'3MH Rod. He leans over and tells me " Hell I'm going to bid just for the real. I don't want the rod". I perked up because my Dad and I like these rods. I've also been looking for a good short stiff rod. So I leaned over and told him I'd throw in 10 for the rod. He was game and the bidding started. It took off fast and got pretty high compared to the other things sold. So I leaned over and told him I'd go 15$ for the rod. It ended up going to him for 85$. So he got his hard to find real he likes and I got a sweet rod for only 15$!! I think it was the second highest item that was auctioned off. The only thing that beat it was a Loomis 6'6 MH IMX that went for 100$ and that rod was a steal too.

Forget the rod, get a doggy bag for the ribs! AHAHA

Great story and congrats on the steal!