Sign in to follow this  
TJHfishin

need advice i wana get another reel and rod

im looking at the viento or the megaforce plus with twitchin bar  i mostly fish jigs and carolina rigs bottom fish and i had the cheap meagforce and it was cheap twitchin bar and it was terrible but i really like the viento anyone have experince with this or the ciitca and a good rood for under 100 for carolina and jigs thats very sensitive thank you guys i appreciate ur thoughts and oppinions

If you didn't like the twitchin bar on the mega cast reel,why would you want the daiwa viento then?

I had this set up for two years the Shimano citica paired with Shimano clarus 7' Heavy rod.This set up was pretty nice and got the job done.This was my Jig rod and still is. :D

ow no i love the twitchin bar the real when u know ud grip ur reel were the wind or brake adjustments on the left side well it look up the gears thats all but thank u so the citca is very nice

ow no i love the twitchin bar the real when u know ud grip ur reel were the wind or brake adjustments on the left side well it look up the gears thats all but thank u so the citca is very nice

What was wrong with it? I don't understand what you typed but I had a megaforce for a while and didn't care at all for the twitchin bar but the reel performed great, until I broke it. I replaced it with a bps pro qualifier but the Citica is a great reel if you have the extra few dollars.

im sorry i was using my phone no i loved the twitchin bar but the reel when u gripped the leftside with any pressure it would lock the gears up but i figure the viento or the megaforce plus for the twitchin bar i just dont know which one would be better

If you are set on the reel, you should check Shimano rods, as stated above. The Compre is underpriced IMO, and are great rods. Check out Bucoo's too!

I had the 6'10" Bucoo, and it was great for lighter jigs, spinnerbaits, senkos, etc. I just traded it though because I got a Powell 683C as an early Christmas present, and didn't need so many MH rods.

Best combo you could get for the range you stated: Shimano Citica 200e/Vendetta 7'3 H.

owkay guys i end up getting the vendeta 7'3 h xf matched with a megaforce plus for carolina rigs any suggestion on line and how sensitive is this rod