Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

I need A New Reel,PQ,Carbonlite,RMX?

I will be buying a new reel at the BPS Spring Classic! I just would like your thoughts on these 3 reels! I may buy two of them but,not sure. :-/ :-/ :-/ :;) ::) :-? :-?

I have a Pro Qualifier and it's an awesome reel. Performs as well as my CiticaE. I'd say Carbonlite because from what I've heard it's pretty much the same as the PQ just quite a bit lighter. Also at the Classic the PQ that is going to be on sale is some L.E. one apparently? Which is 7.1 ounces? I'm not sure what will be different between this Limited Edition PQ and the regular one besides weight and if that's the case, I'd still say the CL because it's still lighter.

Carbonlite (CL)...if you normally use a right-hand reel and want the all-purpose 6.4 ratio. If you normally use a left-hand reel, or want more ratio selections, then you have to put some more thought into it. The PQ on sale is a limited edition and may only be available in one ratio and perhaps only in right-hand like the CL. The RCX is almost 3 oz heavier than the CL, but you have RH and LH choices in mulitple ratios. The CL has a bit less drag rating than the other two, the RCX has a bit more line capacity.

So, sorta depends on what you need from the reel. If you DO use RH reels and like a 6.4 ratio, and don't mind minor differences in drag and line capacity, then I'd pick the CL first, the PQ second, and the RCX third.

Good luck !

I own both the carbonlite and the pro qualifier. They are the same reel in size shape and appearance other than color. The difference is in the handles. The handle on the carbonlite is carbon fiber. Both are very smooth and feel great in my hand. I will be buying another carbonlite when the spring classic starts. Will be on sale for$89.94.