Sign in to follow this  
trevor

Daiwa Crossfire

If you're budgeted for a sub-$30 reel, then it's a pretty good little reel. I have one on an ultra light trout set up and have enjoyed it... just don't expect to be blown away. The Shimano Sienna may be a good choice as well since it is in that same price range. I don't have a Sienna but have had good results with my other Shimano reels.

I was just looking around at Cabelas today and thought it might be a nice reel for crappie fishing. You usually cant go wrong with Shimano or Daiwa, Ive discovered.

Definitely a good reel for crappie... I've landed 4+ pound trout on my 1500 Crossfire without any drag problems.

any drag that has problems from a four lb trout is one very sad reel. ;D

That's pretty funny right there... but wild cold water 4 pound trout do put up a pretty good fight and take some nice runs. Looks like no one else on here wants to admit that they have a $30 reel in their arsenal.

;D

I own one of the Rear Drag Crossfires drag is not very smooth at all, I prefer the Michell Avocet dont know if they even make it anymore picked it up for about the same price at Wally world seems to be alot smoother of course I have been fishing it forever it seems.

any drag that has problems from a four lb trout is one very sad reel. ;D

Youd be surprised. A 4 pound trout will give you a much more exhilarating drag screaming fight than any largemouth of similar size.