Sign in to follow this  
rookie

Iron Silk ?

I know there is  thread about Iron Silk, I just have one question regarding the line, I didn't see the answer in the last thread. I know there is mixed feelings towards Iron Silk, but I actually really like the line, I was wondering if there was a suitable replacement?, something with the low stretch and abrasion resistance, I would have thought that flouro might be close, but its still not close enough.

P-Line CXX. I used Iron Silk years ago but have found that CXX is much better. Give it a try.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0018809.shtml

Thanks guys, I will try the p-line cxx, one more question if I could, will this line also work for my swimbait set-up?, right now I use Berkley Big Game, but I have come to hate that line mainly because of the stretch, I have recently switched to braid, but I find braid is more prone to backlash on my swimbait set-up  resulting in an expensive cast off.

Thanks guys, I will try the p-line cxx, one more question if I could, will this line also work for my swimbait set-up?, right now I use Berkley Big Game, but I have come to hate that line mainly because of the stretch, I have recently switched to braid, but I find braid is more prone to backlash on my swimbait set-up resulting in an expensive cast off.

Yes a lot of folks use this for swimbaits, 17lb should be about right. Nothing wrong with Big Game, good line at a great price. My perferred Mono. I forgot to say welcome aboard.