Sign in to follow this  
triwbass

septon paddles on a curado

Shimano does not sell them.  You have to buy the entire Curado E handle (approx. $38 from Shimano USA). 

If you install them on a Citica handle, you won't be able to use the bearing as the Citica handle has a spacer machined into the knob pin.

Shimano would be well suited to sell the large knobs offered on the Curado E series reels separate from the handle assembly.  I have purchased handles just to use the knobs on other Shimano models for the comfort factor alone.  Strictly from a comfort perspective, it doesn't get any better than the large, directional septon knobs offered on the Curado E series in my hands. 

Shimano would be well suited to sell the large knobs offered on the Curado E series reels separate from the handle assembly. I have purchased handles just to use the knobs on other Shimano models for the comfort factor alone. Strictly from a comfort perspective, it doesn't get any better than the large, directional septon knobs offered on the Curado E series in my hands.

They would, but I'm sure you had the same conversation with Dan that I did.  It would be a big seller (I know I would buy at least three more sets). 

The official response is that the larger knobs are used to set the Curado apart from their other reels.

I have to agree. I just sold one of my E7s and picked up a D7. It's a beautiful reel and I'm sure it will perform great, but I already miss the feel of those larger grips on the Curado and I havn't even had a chance to fish the D7 yet. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing an E7 handle for it already.

Shimano would be well suited to sell the large knobs offered on the Curado E series reels separate from the handle assembly. I have purchased handles just to use the knobs on other Shimano models for the comfort factor alone. Strictly from a comfort perspective, it doesn't get any better than the large, directional septon knobs offered on the Curado E series in my hands.

They would, but I'm sure you had the same conversation with Dan that I did. It would be a big seller (I know I would buy at least three more sets).

The official response is that the larger knobs are used to set the Curado apart from their other reels.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have heard from a manufacturer!!!!! If there is a demand for the bigger knobs just sell them alone and everyone wins!!! Do you think people actually buy the Curado over the Citica or Chronarch or Core or any other model solely on it has larger knobs that "set it apart" from the others????

If I do decide to purchase the E7 handle for the larger knobs, can the knobs be removed and just put on the D7 handle or would I have to replace the entire handle with the E7 handle?

You wouldn't game anything from switching just the knobs. Both handles are the same length which I believe is 85mm. Just replace the entire thing.

I figured as much. The handles look nearly identical besides the knobs.

If I do decide to purchase the E7 handle for the larger knobs, can the knobs be removed and just put on the D7 handle or would I have to replace the entire handle with the E7 handle?

Yes, the knobs are a direct replacement.  I replaced my Core 50 knobs last week with Curado knobs.

They would, but I'm sure you had the same conversation with Dan that I did. It would be a big seller (I know I would buy at least three more sets).

Thats the most ridiculous thing I have heard from a manufacturer!!!!! If there is a demand for the bigger knobs just sell them alone and everyone wins!!! Do you think people actually buy the Curado over the Citica or Chronarch or Core or any other model solely on it has larger knobs that "set it apart" from the others????

Yes, I've purchased additional Curado's based on the knobs. 

I don't understand those who buy a Citica, then sink $40-50 into it with upgrades to make it more like a Curado when if they had added that $40-50 to the purchase price of the Citica, they could have had a Curado.

well i also wish i could get the surade in a 6.3.1 ,,,,i dislike 7.1.1 reels as i fish too fast now,,,,so my citica is stuck as it is,,,,,,,when considering the knobs + everythig else the curado i more than 60 dollars better than the citica to me