Sign in to follow this  
Incheon Basser

Gary Yamamoto Rods

I just won one of these Rods at a Tournament here in Korea and was wondering if anyone has one or has used one.. The rod is being shiped to me so I have not held it yet.. I looked at the Yamamoto Web set and even the cheapest rod is 100$ and they seem to have pretty good componets, Made with a high modulus IMX blank and Fuji SiC guides,

I bought the 6' M split grip b/c rod.  GY does things different than other rod mfg's.  He measures the actual length pased the grip, so the rod could be a bit uner 7'.

From what I heard the rods are made my Airrus.  The one I have does look like an Airrus rod with the seat and split butt.

I bought the 6' M split grip b/c rod. GY does things different than other rod mfg's. He measures the actual length pased the grip, so the rod could be a bit uner 7'.

From what I heard the rods are made my Airrus. The one I have does look like an Airrus rod with the seat and split butt.

So how do you like it? Sensitivity or quality? is it a good rod or is it something that will sit on my rod rack and never get used?

I held several at a show 2 or 3 years ago and I remember my 1st impression being "wow these things are heavy" I'm talking cheap BPS rods heavy! They all had really long handles as well.

We all know alot can change in the rod business in 2 or 3 years. I hope it ends up being a great rod for you!!!