Sign in to follow this  
jdw174

First time out with my new Tessera rod and Spiderwire Stealth Braid

First, the rod.  Bought the spinerbait/worm rod for tossing lipless cranks/shallow &med runners.  Spooled with 12lb co-poly, the rod is very good.  Threw a 1/4oz RedEye Shad all morning with it.  Action seems just right for this type of fishing.  Only managed one fish with it, but no problem feeling the strike or playing the fish.  Jury is still out on the split handle as it's the first one I've owned.

I loaded up my two spinning rods with the Spiderwire Stealth Braid (6lb diameter/20lb test) and tied on a 2' co-poly leader.  The one rod I use for worms/senko fishing, the other for dropshot/shakey head fishing.  As it was really windy I didn't try the second one, but used a senko on the first.  I like skipping the senkos up underneath overhanging trees/bushes and this line skips like crazy.  Only complaint I have is that the line lives up to it's name.....too well...STEALTH.  I absolutely could not see this line at all.  I can see clear co-poly easier than this braid.  I will continue to use it and see if I can feel the strikes without seeing the line.  If not.....I will try another braid that's colored.