Sign in to follow this  
basscaster88

A New Baitcaster?

this reply might be a bit too late but for lower priced reels look at the bps reels.. extreme or pro qualifier... ive got the extreme and am quite happy with it.

for a reel , look in the flea market section and try to get a good used reel in your budget because for 70 bucks your not getting much , maybe increase your budget and get a BPS pro qualifier http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_102287_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1 or maybe the BPS Rick Clunn model which is in your budget - http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_104020_100001001_100000000_100001000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

Looks like you missed the sales on the BPS reels but I would spend the extra 30 and get a Pro Qualifier...

As mentioned already look used, I got Citica 100DSV for 55.00 on Ebay also got one off the flea market here 200DPV For 65.00. they both preform as well if not better than the 200e.

also got 3 avids off Ebay 94.00 was the highest i paid.

Nothing wrong with buying used.

this reply might be a bit too late but for lower priced reels look at the bps reels.. extreme or pro qualifier... ive got the extreme and am quite happy with it.

X2, I've got an inexpensive Tourney Special and it is smooth and comfortable, easy to cast and very affordable.