Sign in to follow this  
b.wedlund

Cheap Spinnerbait Rod

I thought I was done buying rods and reels for the year, but the monkey has struck again.  Tonight I got a deal on a Quantum Accurist.  I am going to try to mount it on a rod and use it only for spinnerbaits.  I really like the 7' MHF Lightning Shock and was planning to put it on one of those, but around dinner time today, the thought of putting a silver and red reel on an orange rod made me a little queazy.

I am looking for something preferably under $60 that would work well for spinnerbaits.  I don't particularly like the triumphs I have had.  My gut says that the Vendetta's have too much backbone to feel the blades.  Do you guys think I am right on this? What would you recommend in this price range?  It doesn't have to match the reel, and for what it is worth, I still may put it on the Shock, but I would like to hear what other options are out there first.

I bought this one, and have been very pleased-  great deal on it right now.  I have been fishing a private lake as the season hasn't opened up yet, and it has handled nicely so far.

http://***.com/All_Star_Platinum_Series_Casting_Rods/descpage-ASPSCR.html

I've used a Bass Pro Brand "Crankin' Stick" for a couple of years now, pretty good spinnerbait rod in the Med/Heavy ones.