Sign in to follow this  
Crestliner2008

Triple Fish Perlon Monofilament

Anyone have any experience with this line? I was told it was the line to use for tossing big swimbaits. I am tossing 8" Hudds for smallies - on my Ambassadeur 6500C. Yeah....I know....seems like rabbit hunting with .458 Winchester Magnum! But, they tell me that this will get me my 6 pounder! ;)

I'm use to a ML spinning rig with 6# test fluoro....fishing 35' off-shore structures with the drop shot. This is a pretty new approach for me.

I had been using 20# test Trilene 100% fluoro, but I really don't like the memory and stiffness. Normally I love fluoro too!

Comments? Suggestions?

I've been throwing big baits that size for the last 5 years or so. I started with 25lb P-Line CXX, and have tried a dozen or so lines since. Every single time, I come back to the Pline.

i throw the 8" Hudd alot and i use Izorline XXX in 25 lb. test . alot smoother than CXX , i used to use that line(the CXX) till i started casting off to many baits due to the line getting breaks in it from kinks . people like that Triple Fish camo-essence (perlon line) but if you are looking for a line with minimal memory , Triple Fish is NOT it !!!! .....

I had a lot of success with TF line. I used 15# for pretty much everything except spinning and deep cranks and never had any problems. The only time I ever had a break off was with a 4' gar.

I've been trying different lines this year but I'm probably going back to the TF shortly, or 14# Silver Thread Excalibur.

The first TF line i tried was the 14# Camoescence and found it stiff. The clear Perlon was what I ended up with and really liked it.